Back pain is something that affects our daily routine work. We are unable to do even our chores or office work. It may become so irritating or debilitating. Backache can be acute due to problems like slipped disc etc. and sometimes it is just due to lifting weight in the wrong way. Mostly it can be relieved by resting and a few exercises. The back pain that is due to muscle spasm does heal with time. Correcting your posture is the first step towards relieving back pain.
Things you can do to relieve lower back pain:
Just resting will not do the trick, there are a few other things you must do to get relief from back pain.
- Partial crunches: first lie down flat on your back and then you must bend your knees. Then keep your hands across your chest or behind your neck for support. Then you have to tighten your stomach while you try to lift your shoulders. Stay in this position for a few seconds and come back to the original position. Repeat this set by 10 times. the lower back must not be lifted at any moment during the exercise.
- Hamstring stretches: this exercise is best for pain due to stress in the hamstring. While you lie down flat, you have to bend only one knee. Stretch the other leg outwards. Here you can place a towel under your foot, slowly pull back the towel with your foot. Try and hold for a few minutes and then do with the other leg as well. To with both the legs at least two times in each session.
- Wall sits: this is the exercise in which a person imitates to be sitting on a chair, while there is none, and they can take support of the wall to perform this exercise. Stand against a smooth wall, with the back touching the wall. Slowly lower down by bending the knees. When you are in the position, hold it for a few seconds. Slide back up to the standing position. Repeat the set 10 times.
- Press-ups: lay on your stomach and keep hands under the shoulder and legs straight on the floor. Push up with your hands and move your shoulders up, while holding for around ten seconds. Try to repeat the set.
- Bird dog: become a dog on your all fours and then try to lift one leg and hold that position for a few seconds. Alternatively, do with the other leg. Raise your leg up to the level of your waist only. Repeat the whole process around 10 times on each leg. And once you have mastered this you can start to raise the opposite leg as well and increase the effectiveness of the exercise.
- Knee to chest: one of the simple exercises that you can do easily. Lay on your back with your back touching the ground, bend your knees and feet still touching the floor straight. Now begin with bringing one knee close to your chest while the other foot is still touching the ground. Stay in this position for 15 seconds and then repeat the samewith the other leg. Try to do it at least 4 times with each leg.